Blipped up 1.6 lbs over the holidays. Not bad really, though the holidays aren’t quite done yet!
The year in review doesn’t look very good, however, & I’m up 6 lbs since this day last year. That major derailment in the summer, one that I let escape for far too long, wiped out all my progress & then some.
I pushed the upper limits of tolerance with all those foods, & those food-like products, that I know I just can’t tolerate. Once the addictive impulses kicked in, I didn’t pay enough attention to reining them back in. Were I at a healthier weight, I wouldn’t be too bothered by a small gain like this. But at my current weight, this is not how I ought to behave.
Okay, a little self-chastisement is due but the new year is a great time to hit reset. I’d like to have a more favourable report to make this time next year.
Time to treat the challenge like a work project again. I know what I should be doing, here’s hoping I can do a little better in 2020.
Wish me luck!
Printing & Dieting
I don’t print very often but when I do, it’s usually for some last minute emergency thing. This is roughly what happens when such an event arises …
- Wireless printer connection lost.
- Reboot printer, laptop, modem & any other piece of electronics within a 100 yard radius.
- It comes alive!
- Print a draft copy of aforementioned critical document to see if everything is okay.
- Everything looks great, so now print a best quality page.
- That doesn’t work, so must change printer cartridge.
- Don’t have new cartridge, swear several times.
- Go to store & buy new high capacity color cartridge.
- Come back, stick it in, & print alignment page.
- It doesn’t look right & the scanner can’t scan it. Error!
- Twenty minutes later, discover that it was the black cartridge!
- No spare black cartridge either. Back to the store.
- Leave store, only to realize that all the good paper has been used up testing.
- Phew! At least I hadn’t gone back to the office again.
- Come back, spend another twenty minutes & a dozen more pages of paper to confirm that everything is working correctly.
- Admire first good print. And yes, it’s good!
- Go for coffee & cigarette to de-stress.
- Now have coffee ring on the corner of the good page! S@#$!!!
Despite how many times I’ve printed stuff over the years, this seems to happen all the time.
My experience with starting diets, & adhering to them, sometimes resembles this process. But it’s particularly difficult to stick with the dietary plan when you’ve got to deal with this printing challenge to kick the day off!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂