Printing & Dieting
I don’t print very often but when I do, it’s usually for some last minute emergency thing. This is roughly what happens when such an event arises …
- Wireless printer connection lost.
- Reboot printer, laptop, modem & any other piece of electronics within a 100 yard radius.
- It comes alive!
- Print a draft copy of aforementioned critical document to see if everything is okay.
- Everything looks great, so now print a best quality page.
- That doesn’t work, so must change printer cartridge.
- Don’t have new cartridge, swear several times.
- Go to store & buy new high capacity color cartridge.
- Come back, stick it in, & print alignment page.
- It doesn’t look right & the scanner can’t scan it. Error!
- Twenty minutes later, discover that it was the black cartridge!
- No spare black cartridge either. Back to the store.
- Leave store, only to realize that all the good paper has been used up testing.
- Phew! At least I hadn’t gone back to the office again.
- Come back, spend another twenty minutes & a dozen more pages of paper to confirm that everything is working correctly.
- Admire first good print. And yes, it’s good!
- Go for coffee & cigarette to de-stress.
- Now have coffee ring on the corner of the good page! S@#$!!!
Despite how many times I’ve printed stuff over the years, this seems to happen all the time.
My experience with starting diets, & adhering to them, sometimes resembles this process. But it’s particularly difficult to stick with the dietary plan when you’ve got to deal with this printing challenge to kick the day off!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂